Sunday, October 02, 2005

Snow covered


Today I awoke to beautiful snow covered hills, the world was a wonderland of pillowy snow. I went to make myself a cup of tea to warm up from the morning chills, the ones that hit you when you first get out of bed on a winter morning. I then dressed for church, trying to look my best and took out from hiding my dressy winter coat.
Now I have just bought a car and as my luck would have it the car starter doesn't work. So running out of time, I head to my car to sweep it of and start her up. Just when I was finishing up a taxi drives by, his wheels lifting the wet dirty snow off of the road, making a wave of slush arise and cover me from top to bottom. I put my pride aside I ran into the house sopping wet, put on a pair of jeans, a sweater and my other winter coat that makes me look like a puffy Black marshmallow and headed on my way to church.
Late and not wanting to be noticed for my sopping wet hair, I climbed over the pew in the very back of the church, right next to my sister who snickered at my appearance, and kept finding wet leaves in my hair.
As I sat there I started to think of the driver of the taxi and making up his life story.
He is a man in his late 30's , married his high school sweetheart and has two young children at
home.
Today he woke up a little unhappy at the thought of having to go clean off his car and about the time he crossed my path, he had been working for about three hours and had no breakfast. He was now running late for a woman who called wanting a ride to Church herself. Seeing me so happily cleaning of my car gave him the evil idea to splash me. Giving me the story I now give to you.
note: I wasn't really that happy about the snow
note: The driver was never really after me
note: I think writing these notes is my favorite part to blogging

2 Comments:

At 4:57 PM, Blogger Keller said...

I'm sad that winter is rearing its ugly head already. Good choice of template by the way. Later!

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Superjan said...

did you get his license number? We could plan an ambush next weekend. See how he likes getting all slushy when we drive by and splash him...muahahahaha (evil cackle).

Anyways..oh...I miss you already. You really should move here. I could get you a job at BP's and you could live in my bathtub.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home