Thursday, February 15, 2007

Will you be my Valentine?



Last night I went out with a friend who's valentines date stood her up, so we head to Boston Pizza ( her choice not mine).
We had a good time talking and having other friends join us, I really enjoyed Valentines ( in fact I woke up loving the day and happy I was single.)

Well after a while of talking this group of guys walked in and sat at the table next to us, they kept looking at our table but we ignored them, about 45 minutes later one of the guys asked me to borrow a pen I was just using so I pass it over, and thought nothing of it.
After about another 10 minutes one of them comes back over to the table and gives me the pen back and then produces a paper heart that he had taken of the wall. He had scribbled off the name that was on it and put his name and phone number ( which I didn't see until after they left the building, I never looked at the heart before they walked out).
He hands me the heart and says " would you be my Valentines" I smiled a little hesitantly, " what do you want if I said yes" ( not sure what his move was) with all his friends looking on he says " just a hug". My friend pipes up "I think she could do that for you" ( he wasn't drunk and he was rather good looking). " So will you be my Valentine?" he asked again, I answer that I would love to and get up to give him a hug. He gave me this hugh smile and walks back to his table, one of his friends pats him on the back and rather loudly says "she cute and had a nice smile".
That was it I went back to talking to the people I was with, and then they left. I was so shocked.. for I think that the two girls I was with are much better looking then myself. ( plus I was just getting over the flu)
Needless to say it was corny but sweet and made my day, small this seem to amuse me.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 6:19 PM, Blogger E's Blogger said...

Why do you sound surprised? Men should be asking for your name and number...and it's great that a nice man did it too.

Are you going to call him back?

 
At 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apparently your indifference is irresistible. hehe

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger j.sawatzky said...

That's so great! Happy Valentines Day! Why don't you see if he wants to meet you at the theatre sometime soon?

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger shinbone #4 said...

what have I been telling you hmmmm???

 
At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One my friend texted the number and nothing was answered. Two I would never ask a guy out, ever!!!

 
At 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwwww...that's sweet....
jeamie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home