Monday, November 27, 2006

A little bit of Gossip

Tonight at work I was so embarrassed, Mr. Ice Tea came in and the women I work with thought it was time to take matters into their own hands.
First they send over one person to ask him if he was single, he says yes... but they couldn't leave matters there... my manager has to go over and tell him I like him.... then comes to tell me that the ball is now in my court... I couldn't believe it!!!
I was almost sick to my stomach in fear, I still had to serve these two guys their meals and dessert. So when Mr. Ice tea went to the bathroom I went over to apologize to his friend for being bothered all night by the other staff, he said it was no problem but I told him I was sorry and so embarrassed.
Just when I thought all was over and done ( for they had paid me and had left the bar side) the one who asked if he was single called him back into the resturant, also to tell him I liked him and would most likely like to go for coffee with him some time.
The poor guy all he wanted to do was come in and eat and he gets hounded like he was back in high school. I know they thought they were doing me a favour by asking, but I don't think that should be done at work nor to a customer.
He was nice enough and told them that he liked me and why do they think he comes in so often, and that he would be back. However I think he was just being kind and trying to get out of Boston Pizza safely.
They then asked why I couldn't of asked him out for coffee and I replied that it wasn't my place.. I don't think any girl should take that roll and ask a guy out.

The most embarrassing part was.. they were being so loud hounding me... in hearing range about him when he wasn't even two feet away. Also all the staff... even the kitchen came out to take a look at him pointing to his table, to show the newcomers who he was.
Great start to my night!!

10 Comments:

At 11:53 PM, Blogger shinbone #4 said...

"However I think he was just being kind and trying to get out of Boston Pizza safely." AY YI YI!! Joy! I can't believe it... here we have this nice chat full of all sorts of assurances and still you doubt and blog those doubts even!! Ridiculous. He LIKES you!! Of course he does - so that leaves only one question.

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger j.sawatzky said...

So, when are you going out with this guy?

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger drakefarmer said...

Joy for your defence I agree... that one this was not the place to do what your co-workers did. Second, it should be his place to ask... how else is he going to be a man and lead if he can't ask you out.

Though to defend Grace... it is probably true that you are making ecuses to not talk to him... it is human nature.

from a guys stand point, even to know that soeone you like likes you there is still a fear of rejection. It is retarded I know but it is true.

Stick in there Joy!

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

Ah Joy, fabulous drama, but I do feel for you...that is a little embarassing that your co-workers were fussing over him so much. All I can say is...work it!

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger Superjan said...

hmmm...so is he or isn't he...you know...ahem..what we discussed before?

 
At 10:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No Janet, blair didn't know what he was talking about.

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Superjan said...

excellent...

 
At 7:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Has he been back? I think you could work this into your Effie book.

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Superjan said...

yes, i can see how the effie book is going to turn out. You and Mr. Iced Tea start dating, and you take him to the old folk's home to meet my grandma, and effie is there, she catches his eye, grabs his hand, and they fall madly in love and run away to mexico, where Effie then suffers and stroke and then mysteriously disappears from a mexican hospital. Heartbroken, Mr. Iced Tea turns to you for comfort. He then realizes what a mistake he made in choosing effie over you. But you turn down his affections...then change your mind when he says he knows englebert humperdink personally and he was willing to perform at your wedding if you and mr. iced tea got married. The end

 
At 10:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

bravo, Janet I think you wrote it better then I every could.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home