Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Nicknames

I was talking to someone tonight about a nickname they were given, and asked if there was anything behind it because it was nothing you just come up with. Like sweetie, pookie ( which was one of mine), sugarplum, etc...
All other nicknames have a story behind them, and if you don't, you make one up.
For example: I have this friend that I gave the nickname "donut", why I don't really know.
I say it's because she's sweet but has a whole in the middle of her heart. ( not true, but I needed something as my cover when I first called her by that name, and then it just stuck)
Nicknames I find are a way to be closer with someone, something just for your group of friends.
However, if your going to call someone something other then their given name at least make up a story to tell people when they ask.
I find in some cases, (not all) a good nickname can make life embarrassing and hard to get though, or just a little bit of fun. It's amazing that a name can do so much and have such an impact in a person's life.
I also find it amazing how long I can go on about nothing in particular, so before I bore you all with my minds workings.....

16 Comments:

At 10:59 PM, Blogger Superjan said...

ok, if that last comment isn't creepy, i don't know what is...
haha, you should check out the american singles site. Pick yerself up a nice american man.

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Joy said...

What does that have to do with nicknames job123?
And thankyou for the compliment, I'm glad someone likes my blogging.
but for the site I'm sorry I'm not american, I don't want women comimg to Canada to beat me up for internet dating their men.

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Superjan said...

hahahaha, 1 point for Extra Value, 0 for jobs123.

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Keller said...

I'm guessing I am the person you were talking about who has the nickname... btw, I didn't say there WASN'T a story, I said it's a long story and not too exciting.

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger Joy said...

sorry yogger, If you want me to delete this blog just say so.

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Keller said...

My tone may seem critical but I assure you it is not... lol

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Keller said...

My tone may seem critical but I assure you it is not... lol

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Superjan said...

Maybe Yogger's name should change to Jacob Two Two

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Joy said...

If you say so, I think your just being kind.But o.k.

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Joy said...

the last one was to yogger, not to calling him jacob two two. but that would make a good nickname with a story to match.

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Keller said...

I don't know how I posted that comment twice... but Jacob Two Two sounds ridiculous!

Joy, you should turn on "word verification" so that you don't get those ads on your blog.

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Joy said...

I think there funny and I don't really know what I'm doing with the computer, I just know how to turn it on. ( and not in that way Janet)

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Superjan said...

ha, you're the one who said it (to be honest, I wouldn't have caught that possible innuendo if you hadn't pointed it out yourself)

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Superjan said...

I think you win a prize for most comments on most useless blog entry.

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Joy said...

Thank you very much Janet,I have to consider my audience, and their needs. Plus I'm adding another, so more points for me. yea

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Joy said...

note: I claim all copyrights to noting.
note: ha, you snooze you lose yogger.
note: thank you janet
note: I do believe I was the first to use notes in the comment section.
note: more comments for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home