Wednesday, March 01, 2006

To Know His Will

I have been going from blog to blog this morning and in most, not all, there seems to be a theme. Questions, pain, wants, needs. We are all here on this earth to do the will of God and by reading his word we know what we should do... but like Paul says... that we don't do.
Well I'm in the same boat as most of you.. I wish I could say my problems out weigh others but I know that in this boat there are no higher decks.

With each job I have had in the last five years since coming home from Bible college, after a year at the job I feel a great need to get out, out of the job, out of town, out of the country.

Well I'm at this place again.... I know what the Bible says we should do and that is to proclaim God. But it doesn't tell me to go back college or even to have gone in the first place, what job to have, where to live, who to marry or even if I get that option.
So how do you find God's will for your life? Do you go off of a feeling? ( That has gotten me into trouble one time to many)

People have been telling me latley to get a new job... is this the will of God?
People have been telling me to move away, so I have better chance at meeting a nice guy.... is this the will of God?... I have went way before and met no good Christian men, other times I have left and met many, but all of which had girlfriends. What does moving away solve there? Other then being lonley if you don't know anyone.
I have had people tell me I just am needing time away and to take a trip somewhere for a month... is that the will of God? I may have a nice time away from everything but after all is said and done. I would need another job to get me back in the money I have now.

Then the question of money came to mind.... If God is my Father and gives me daily bread, then what do I need with hand fulls of cash? I have a car.. great, but did I really need it? I don't really care if I have money.... I like to have money so I can give it away to people I know who need it more, but I don't like my job in which I gain this income. So do I stay in a job I no longer like to help others? If I leave what then?
The Bible says to work and enjoy life.... how do you do this, when you feel lost and have no direction to follow.

To know the will of God.....

2 Comments:

At 10:34 PM, Blogger the Haazens :) said...

Hi Joy=) Linked to you from Kelly.

It's funny cause I was just thinking about the very question of 'What is God's will?' this morning. For me the answer just keeps coming up that His will for me is to be in relationship with Him. A constant, growing, deeper relationship. Then I will be where He wants me to be cause I will be in tune to His voice. Sadly, I fall way short of this, yet He keeps pursuing me, not letting me go.

Thank goodness=)
Tanneal Haazen

(p.s. loved the 'nice butt' story...I don't know what I would have said back, probably something very embarassing!)

 
At 8:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Tanneal, I was just looking at your site too. I just wanted to say I love the black and white picture of your son, he's beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home