Sunday, January 15, 2006

30 or 25

Not to long ago my lovely sister wrote a blog call 'closet seniors', as funny and witty as the blog was I have to say she portrayed me in the wrong light. I don't think by any means that I'm acting older than my age but, rather, women today are trying to be younger.
For instance, women are subtracting from their age on a daily basis, they have creams and makeup to cover aging lines, hair dye to cover grey hairs that might show up... On and on this list goes.
Now what is wrong with a woman coming along in life wanting all the great enjoyments and wisdom that come with age?
Why do women need to act and be something they're not?
Most women want what another has or think someone always looks better.
What I think is that with age the competition comes to an end, you no longer are trying to look your best but be your best ( I know this does not apply to all older women, for they haven't grown beyond that).
With age the fun starts and you can finally enjoy the things that you really like, being able for once to put your cares of what others think aside. You see you have lived a great life and all the hard times were a starting ground for the next step in their life. Coming to the end or of what they think is the end real life starts to bloom, and if you can have this when you're young you're more alive and more woman then any clone out there today.

Note: Grace I love you ;)

2 Comments:

At 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am trying to decide what color to dye my hair next. I don't mind people knowing how old I am, but it would be nice to know how to act my age...Any suggestons? (I have to be your ma since my other daughter hasn't been inspired lately.)

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger Joy said...

I think you should go bright blue, after that I think you could really get J-dogs attention.
I don't think I've heard from her in over a month! maybe I should write a missing person blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home