Thursday, January 26, 2006

Oil Change $39, Finding things wrong $700, being broke priceless.


Yesterday I had an oil change for my car ( my first since buying ), I go back to pick it up and I hear that I have a few things wrong, telling me what they are and that he will price it up.
I'm standing there saying ok but I have no clue what any of the things were.
Now why would the guy think, this girl knows her cars... or is it that I have sucker written across my forehead.
Well the latter would be true, when it comes to cars I'll pay anything if someone thinks there's something wrong.
Now I would let some of the things go without being fixed.... if I wasn't going on a trip coming up.
I'm going with my sister and friend, down to see the husband and sons of my friend who died last year ( in a car crash) the day after she died. I know God is in full control... but I also want to know that my car is in the best top shape it can be. So I may not be the richest woman or have the most knowledge of cars, but knowing my car and friends are safe is priceless.

Note: Spelling bad, grammer worse, T.A. no longer.

4 Comments:

At 12:47 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

Joy, the same thing always happens to me. Try to surround yourself with men who actually know something about cars so you can get their opinion before you do any repairs--better yet, take a guy with you to the garage--or even better yet, date a mechanic!

 
At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SURROUND MYSELF WITH MEN? HAHA!
You must be dreaming, the only men that surround me are my brothers. Making no man want to get close, or able to see me.
You mean men other then family are really out there! I just thought that was an old wives tale.
Maybe that could be my next blog, 'Men fact or fiction'.

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

Men are definitely a fact, it's finding a good man that's difficult! When are you leaving on your trip?

 
At 5:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

feb 10th to the 12th

 

Post a Comment

<< Home