Thursday, March 09, 2006


Waters of life



I'm running on empty, I have no more to give
Pour Your waters of life over me.
Quench my thirst Lord,
Quench my longing.
Wash the dirt from my eyes so I can see.
Make me Yours, Lord, make me Yours, Lord.
Not my will, but Your will be done in me.
I'm not worthy, but I'm asking,
Make me Yours and use me, Lord, to do Your will.
Like the woman at the well, You came to my side,
And asked me to turn from sin and shame,
Lord fill up my cup, so I will thirst no more,
Then I will go and tell of all You've done.
Make me Yours, Lord, make me Yours, Lord,
Not my will, but Your will be done in me.
Quench this thirst Lord,
Quench this longing,
Let Your waters of life flow over me.

3 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

Joy, who wrote this song/poem? It's exactly what I needed to read this morning.

 
At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God kind of gave it to me last night, I haven't written a poem in a year and then last night I was feeling blue and got a book to read from grace. The book started out taking about feeling empty and this poem just hit me. The book is called 'A Little Pot of Oil' by Jill Briscoe, about a life overflowing. I read two lines and then had to stop and write for I couldn't get these poem out of my head.

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

Thanks for writing it down, Joy. Like I said, it's exactly how I've been feeling lately, and just what I needed to hear. Love you...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home