Tuesday, May 30, 2006

If I can't quit I can't be fired

So yesterday I finally handed in my notice, ( I need to add I do make one fine two weeks notice letter) I have work at Boston Pizza, Cold lake for a year and a half. I have always tried to be half an hour early and come in on days off if ever they need me, stay late, ect..
Well I finally was tired of being everyones chew toy " Joy can do it,what else will she do? she doesn't go to the bar", after a bad panic attack on friday night I realized my life was based on my job and not my job a part of my life.
My friends had stopped calling, for they were tired of getting " sorry joys at work." My family goes on last minute trips that I can never join, for I need to give two weeks notice if needing days off. ( I know most jobs are like that) Working hoildays when everyone was up, compensating by staying up late and then waking up well they are all still in bed.

So Monday morning I handed in my notice, only to have the owner come out a moment later asking me to join her in the office. " Why do you want to leave? Do you have another job? Are you just trying for more money? You can't leave, you are one of my best! I never have a bad word said about you, everyone loves you! I hear only good things about you from customer and worker alike, so why do you want to go?"
So I just laid it out for her, I don't care about money ( I have never tried to make money my life, as long as I can live one day to the next) I'm just tired. Six days a week of serving with maple flag on was getting to be to much, having moody managers that favor one server over another ( who there are friends with ). Knowing I'll do the drity work so they pick on me over the others, sexual harassment ( from workers and customers), ect..
In the end she talked me into staying on, four days a week ( I should have not said I didn't care about the money, my mom told me and she most likely would have given me a raise, and I know she would have...BUT I DON'T CARE!) I can pick the days I want to work each monday... lets see how long that lasts. I might be back to sixs days in no time, why can't I just say no!!!
I did realize today no matter what I do she wouldn't fire me, but everyone knows I'm a Christian so I shouldn't try.

I better get on Jimmy kimmel soon.

8 Comments:

At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, but I have no idea who Jimmy Kimmel is so I can't comment on that life goal. Congratulations on being the employee of the year. Too bad a gold watch wasn't the reward, but you can feel good about doing your job with integrity no matter how lowly you think it is.

 
At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how come I didn't have to do a word verification?

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Swoosh said...

Well, at least you know that you have a barganing chip. Then, if they do go back to the old way, you can just say you're leaving.

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger shinbone #4 said...

Amen... you should have done it ages ago... and you should ask for a raise. Maybe get some others to do a BP's survey online and name you as the best employee there!!! They'll definitely want to give you whatever you like :D

 
At 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tonight was so gross, Boston Pizza should have shut there doors. First thing, they are redoing the bathrooms so the only ones that work are in the bar, but tonight they weren't working. When that happened they sould have closed, no bathrooms no business. then in the servers area there was a sewage back up, they still don't close, we had to walk in human faeces to get the food people were eatting! Finally they close for 45 min, but we still had to serve the people in the building. I'm so mad, they should have closed the doors as so as the baths went. They could have been shut down for that dumb act.

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger Swoosh said...

Well, you have effectively caused me to not want to eat there again. Brutal!

 
At 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Bible says that we are a "treasure in earthen vessels." Each one of us has great riches inside. God has placed that treasure there, filling us with wonderful gifts and talents that can be used for His purposes. But these assets are worthless as long as they remain hidden away.

God has uniquely gifted you to do something on this earth that no one else can accomplish. Don't let fear and adversity keep you from using your wealth of talents and abilities to make a difference in the lives of those around you. You should use your gifts to enrich the lives of others every day. Share your gifts with those you love. Use your God-given talents to create a legacy of faith and optimism that will bless your family for generations to come.

The enemy wants to steal your treasure by convincing you to keep it locked up inside until the day when it can be buried with you. Don't listen to him! Seize every opportunity to share your unique treasure with the world. Invest wisely. Spend freely. The more you use it, the more it grows. When you do, your life will be a blessing to others and you will live a life of victory, hope, and purpose.

 
At 10:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home