Thursday, April 20, 2006

Wife number two

Last night I had these three Arab guys come in, you would think they were drunk but in their religion they aren't to drink or to eat anything pig.
From the get go these men were flirting up a storm ( I never know if a guy is hitting on me but these guys were right out in the open) I counted the amount of times that they called me sweetheart, 46 times ( I only knew because I started to mark them off on my note pad each time).
One guy is asking me if I'm singel and would I like not to be, while with a wet nap was cleaning behind his ears and cleaning his nose. ( the guy hasn't even eatten yet)
"Yes I'm singel and no I'm not looking for a man right now" - Joy
"Sweetheart do you have a pen? for I would really like to get your number" - Arab #1
" How do you know the number I give you won't be wrong? (like the cops or a cab or movie store? - my thoughts would have been fun to say)" -Joy
" Don't worry sweetheart, he's a married man" -Arab #2
"I can have more then one!" Arab #1 to Arab #2 " so sweetheart tell me your number". *Wink*
Now the place has only me, these three men and an old woman who comes in everynight to play the slots. ( I was so happy the old woman was there)
But having only them there made the last hour my night very long.
As they came up to pay I was asked how about it? would I like to be his other wife?
"Sorry I will have to pass"
I told my brother dan this story when I came home, " Joy, you will never get married with that attitude." Dan said with his funny smile ( only he has) on his face.

7 Comments:

At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joy just like jewsih people not every Arab is a practising moslem. And on top of this they get drunk on honey mead- an alcoholic beverage thats deemed okay to drinl.

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Superjan said...

I think Dan has a very good point..you should have said 'yes'

 
At 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks a lot for posting this! and congratulations to overcoming the temptation. i´d like to sweep road with you again anyway.

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

Dan makes me laugh! Joy, your prince charming will come--and these guys just don't sound like the prince charming type!

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger shinbone #4 said...

hmmm.. anonymous has a point... and besides that not every practising muslem, practices religiously. They sin in their religions eyes too... still as creepy as those experiences are, they aren't too hard on the ego are they ... hmmmm???

 
At 10:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha... nice one dan!

 
At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The way you all are praising Dan, you think I could be sold.
Maybe I don't want to get married, and therefore I have just the right attitude. Did you every think about that?
Or The guys could have mistaken me for Grace, by the sounds of her comment this kinda thing is more her department.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home