Tuesday, April 25, 2006

"Great" Love


For the last couple of days I have been quite sick, so not leaving my room has given me much time to think, watch t.v., read, ect..
All of the above has had romance as the theme ( not that all of them were very romantic). Finding love, losing love, and giving love was a main part to each. Love is the key of life. ( God is love!)
We all search to find this " great" love of our life, thinking that it is this wonderful, nice handsom man or beautiful woman and when we finally find them... in the end we find out that they are only human.
Where the love of their life this " great" love, can only come from God.
I guess to me romance ( love of another in the worlds terms) is more of a fairy tale, something you read about, write about, watch on t.v, or in a movie, but what we all see, is how we all want our lives to turn out to be or have.
But in reality we don't have the true " happy ever after" story, it is not something we can ever have here on earth. To find our true happiness in another human is asking for trouble, you may have good times together, good friendships, but to place all our happiness on another human life is asking for a lot of downs.

For most (not all) of my life I have dreamed of marriage, kids, and thinking that once I had those things everything eles would follow and my life would be perfect, "great". I would then have it all and my life and why I am here would be complete. How wrong my thinking was.
Yes, I would still like to have the husband and kids, but the after fact hit me that I would still be looking for more , new things, something eles to make me happy.
For I would be putting all my lifes happiness on that earthly human, I would call husband and I would try so hard to make him happy and to love me, that in the end it wouldn't work.
God doesn't love me just because I look or act a particular way, or have some great talent. He loves me for me. He loves you for you.
No job, no amount of money ( it's all His anyway) no big house, or being good looking, funny or both is going to make Him love us any more or any less. So why should we look for these things in the others that we love. Love to me is not just a feeling, (feelings can go away) it's a choice. In richer and poorer, sickness and in health... to love.
He likes me just the way I am, and I have to learn that so will my friends, so will my husband ( if I am to marry)... otherwise he is not worth having, and like wise should I be toward them.
I end with: Love is not a feeling it's a choice.

9 Comments:

At 12:18 AM, Blogger shinbone #4 said...

Let me not to the marriage of true minds admit impediments. LOVE IS NOT LOVE WHICH ALTERS WHEN IT ALTERATION FINDS, Or bends with the remover to remove: O no! It is an ever fixed mark. That looks on tempests and is never shaken. It is the star to every wandering bark, who's worths unknown, although his height be taken. Loves not times fool, though rosy lips and cheeks within his bending sickle's compass come; Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks, But bears it out even to the edge of doom. If this be error and upon me proved, I never writ, no no man ever loved.

 
At 12:20 AM, Blogger shinbone #4 said...

oh yah... that was me trying to plagerize Shakespeare... here's another. This time by good ol' PB Shelley "All love is sweet, Given or returned. Common as light is love, and it's familiar voice wearies not ever."

 
At 12:28 AM, Blogger shinbone #4 said...

It's guid to be merry and wise.
It's guid to be honest and true.
It's guid to support Caledonias cause,
And bide by the buff and the blue"
-Robbie Burns

 
At 12:38 AM, Blogger shinbone #4 said...

Here's a little extra... I can't remember where I got it...
How to Irritate People (but not from that movie)
1.Call an addiction hotline and explain that you are hooked on Phonics.
2. Call the Q-Tips 800 number and say that one of the cotton swab parts just came off in your ear. When they reply, keep shouting "What? What?"
3. Call National Acme company. Ask if they have any products you could use to kill a road runner.
4. Rush yourself to ER and explain to the night nurse that you were resting on your leg for a long time and now it feels all tingly, like there are pins and needles going through it. Ask if they will need to amputate.
5. In the middle of the night, noisily bury a fully dressed mannequin in your backyard. Arrange lawn chair furniture on the fresh mound and sit down on it quickly when the police arrive.
6. Get a video camera and microphone, chase a local tv news crew around, Interupt on-the-scene shots, by shouting "Where have all the cowboys gone?"
7. Ask a stranger if they have change for a nickel.
8. In a large public bathroom, utter loud, pain wracked screams, then emerge holding a large hens egg.
9. Ask people to call you by your wrestling name - Rock Hard Kim

 
At 12:39 AM, Blogger shinbone #4 said...

ENJOY - (now that was plagerism!)

 
At 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You must really have been board at work today.

 
At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you were trying to be funny, and I didn't get what you were going for, but then Aaron corrected me by saying you were trying to enlighten me. But I still think it was because you were board, other wise you could have just told me when you got home.

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger shinbone #4 said...

Not bored at work... in fact, none of that was at work... I wrote all that in the wee hours of the morning. It was all stuff pressing on my mind and heart that needed expression. I chose to express it here. As a means of enlightenment, yes... but also as a means of filling up your comments portion and hopefully making you feel loved and appreciated.
I kiss you! G

 
At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, all I can say to that is thank-you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home