Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Hurt people, Hurt People.

I had this very wise teacher at capernwray, Who kept trying to get this startment into our heads, " Hurt people, hurt people".
I find this so true, lately when I'm hurting, I hurt the ones I love for the pure fact, that if I'm hurting so should they ( and then some times I hurt them without even knowing it, or myself).
Why? What is it about me that makes me become this monster? Why can I just go get drunk like the rest of the world and forget my troubles for just one night?
Last night I was hurting over something I had brought upon myself ( not that I had control over the situation, but the extream pain I felt was because I had once again played up this matter in my head, even though it never happend or ever would)
I was up until 5 am crying and then had to go to work, smiling as if my world was fine. ( and the fact that I was hurting so much, made the rest of my family hurt, I'm to much of an open book)
For that I am sorry... but how do I stop? How can a person gain control over their feelings, so they don't have to hurt over things that God never ment to be?
I think if I could be a super hero, It would be to have the power to control my emotions, my thoughts, actions... and even not to feel.
Hurt people, hurt people, but how do you stop?

6 Comments:

At 7:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you wouldn't want to be emotionless. Feelings are not only a normal part of being human, but what make you who you are. The difficult part is treating others respectfully even when you don't feel like being very nice. Sometimes it's just best to fake being nice until you get back to feeling nice again. If all else fails, lock yourself in your room and cry until you can't cry anymore.

 
At 8:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

His grace is sufficient for you, and His power is made perfect in weakness.
And thedrake although that super power sounds good in theory, so does communism. But it would make us useless in bearing fruit for God. Part of the wonderfulness of the fruits of His Spirit is the fact that they can be carried in spite of circumstance and us!

We can do nothing with out Him Joy! So don't try to!

 
At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That includes being hurt, don't try to be hurt without Him. He is our Comforter! Our help in times of trouble.

We can do NOTHING with out Him Joy! So don't try to!

 
At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think my comment on this blog was poorly written and has become misunderstood... SO i have chosen to delete it as I don't wish people to get the wrond idea... I am sorry for that.

TheDrake

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Swoosh said...

I know exactly how you feel. There have been so many times that I have done this exact thing, but only with the ones I love. That's the wretched thing about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home