Sunday, August 27, 2006

Cake on the floor

Well tonight I thought it was time to write a little something.
Today was my wonderful mothers 64th birthday and we needed to go and buy her a cake. I get a black forest cake put it in the cart, then go help David to pick out some flowers for our mum. We bump into some people we know and I work with, then a bit later I bash into more people I know... Now the store is full of people.......... so you know what is going to happen.
I go into line, pick up the cake ( by the top) and it drops from my fingers, trying to catch the cake as it falls to the ground my attempt becomes failure.. I'm covered in cake... the floor is covered in cake... my friends and co-workers are laughing.... strangers are smirking.
I can never seem to do a small act without gaining a crowed.
In the end I didn't have to pay for the cake and we got another one for our mother to enjoy.

9 Comments:

At 12:18 AM, Blogger shinbone #4 said...

And the moral of the story is...
don't cry over spilled cake - people you know may be watching and think you're a sissy. You chose the better way, I must give you kudos for that (as an eye witness to this hilarious account.)

 
At 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, that means that I just missed it! Would have loved to be there! :)

Jeamie

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Megan said...

hahaha... only you, Joy... or me. lol

 
At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also am sad that I just missed it!

 
At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also am sad that I just missed it!

 
At 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nikki I know you are anonymous so you not face up to it?

 
At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I mean why don't you face up to it, poor grammer have I.

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

sounds like a classic joy moment, you will have to recreate it for me this weekend...

 
At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for that story, hit the spot!

TheDRake

 

Post a Comment

<< Home