Monday, July 03, 2006

Hospital

Last night grace was in a lot of pain, so at around 8pm me and my mum took her to the hospital. Th Doctor not being sure what the pain was from took a pee samples and then sent her home at around ten, as soon as we got home however her pains became worse and so we took her back. They then took her in over night and took some blood samples ( she said today that she was in so much pain that she didn't even feel them taking blood). I have been back and forth all day and was lucky to be there when the doctor came ( one thing to know about grace is when she is in pain, she doesn't let on that she's hurting and she will laugh over the pain)
So the doctor came and started to press on her stomach asking her if it was causing any discomfort, I was on the other side having a nice chat with her roommate and listening to what they were saying ( she was not being to honest about it and kept laughing when he pushed, so I knew she was hurting but he didn't) then he came back a little later and asked her if she could be with child ( here is were I insert foot) "no, she's a vergin" I loudly say, he looks at me and asks " who are you?" feeling just a little dumb...... I say that I'm her sister ( I keep forgetting I have blonde hair and that with different hair we don't look alike)
Then he asked her if she had anything to drink today, for you can't have food or drink for 24 hours before operating, I jump in again with " only vodka" . ( later we kept joking how I made her out to be a drunk vergin mary, sounds now like a drink. Who knows what the woman sharing the room thought of our talking).
Then the doctor asked if she would like her apendix( hope I spelt that right) out tonight or tomorrow, she asked for tomorrow after an ultra sound. She doesn't want them to take it out if thats not the real promble. So just pray for her and that she can start to feel better.

15 Comments:

At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please pass on that I am praying for her. If it is her appendix, may the operation go smoothly and God's hand be guiding the doctor's. May she also have no more reason to laugh (from pain, that is)

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Keller said...

Grace is in the Hospital!?!? Prayers will be going out for sure!

 
At 2:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this makes me laugh and feel bad the same time! i'll pray too and hope that they don't find a baby during the ultra sound thing...

 
At 7:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear she's in so much pain. It's so great that she had family at the hospital with her while she was going through that. Please keep us posted.

 
At 7:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

todays the day, she should be having surgery later this morning. I will try and keep you all up dated.

 
At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, Joy.

 
At 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grace went into surgery at 11am and it is now 2pm, she is still in surgery and the nurses don't have any info to tell us. 3 hours and nothing to tell, I hate not knowing what is going on and what to tell people

 
At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's out of surgery now. She's a big druggie who's missing a part of her soul - I mean body. They removed her appendix (I know I spelt it right this time).

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Swoosh said...

Do you know what? I thought that the news was much worse because Joy actually called me. I'm glad that she's ok.

 
At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joy used the phone!?! I agree that would sound pretty serious. Glad to hear Grace made it through intact, er um I mean.

 
At 6:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear everything went well!

 
At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I call people! Once a year and holidays.

 
At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How is Grace doing today?

 
At 8:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Better, I got to see where they cut her...interesting. They are making her get out of bed and walk but I think she will be hurting for a while. She moves like and old lady.

 
At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, grace won't be coming to camp. But we will try to come for a day, maybe thursday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home