Saturday, July 15, 2006

Tupelo Honey

Tonight at work this group of guys walk into the bar all punk and wearing VIP passes, I thought they must be groupies for this band called Default that came to Cold Lake.
I had been teased all day for not knowing who Default was and then I think I get their crew people. So trying to be all non-chalante, I ask what they where doing here in Cold lake since they look like they come from the city. They tell me they are playing down at the Agraplex, ( being dumb) I answer "what with toys?" ( ha).
" No, we are a band called Tupelo Honey and are opening for Default", " Sorry I've never heard of you" I reply. " Thats ok.. we're from Edmonton, so really we're nobody", " So I can tell people I served nobody tonight"," ya(ha), something like that" .
I'm so dumb... now that I'm recaping this I would think I was a slow person if I was them. Good thing they thought my dumbness was funny and tiped me well. They said it was nice to met a girl who could joke with them.
After they left I kept having coustomers all excited asking who they were, I replied with something Honey. Then they said the name all happy and excited they ate next to this band and could tell people.
I still didn't know the names of either band.. I had to look it up in the news paper just so I could type this.
It's neat to look in the news paper and see their faces as if they really matter... But if they weren't in a band I don't think they could get many dates.. (one however was cute)

10 Comments:

At 8:53 PM, Blogger j.sawatzky said...

Well, that's pretty exciting. How many people will ever meet a celebrity in their lifetime? Well, maybe they're not celebrities yet, but just you wait. . . they may be. And someday when they're on the Tonight Show, they're gonna tell the story of the waitress who served nobody.

 
At 7:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Joy!!!!

 
At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it your birthday today, Joy? If so, then I pray you have an amazing day.

 
At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you! I'm just headed to the city, to have a girls night out birthday party. Sad that I have a three hour drive, but I'm headed down with a good friend so it should be fun. Well Got to go, thanks again for the birthday wishes.

 
At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

birthday no big deal? I don't get a girl's night out on my birthday. sigh... Have fun!!

 
At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huge blog of trip to come....

 
At 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

about time - we were getting all sorts of strange visitors to our site. We can only assume they were friends of YOURS...
AND how dare you say that only one of us is cute. That's caused a lot of infighting... if our band breaks up it's all your fault.
disrespectfully yours -TP

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Swoosh said...

So . . . how was your trip? I hear it was a blast, or should I say a scrape? Ah, good times!

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

Can't wait to see the pics from our little weekend getaway...you know which ones to omit...

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger Megan said...

haha... oh gosh, Joy.. Always a good time with you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home