Friday, September 01, 2006

IN FOR LIFE


So yesterday I was sent to go see the owner and tell her what shifts I wanted to work, She has been hiring a lot of new workers and so I have been getting shafted as the fill in girl. I was told by the managers to go stand up for myself and tell her what I wanted. She wasn't in a good mood so I was going to leave the matter alone, the manager took me by the hand and into the office told her I had something to say and walked away.
I was so scared!!!!
Well, as soon as I opened my mouth she jumped at me, saying she heard I wanted to quite.... That I have changed and not for the better, I don't need to stand up for myself... She has been a great boss to me and has bent over backward to give me all the things I ask for ( I never ask her for a thing other then a week off when I was really sick in May).
People keep leaving and demanding things all the time she doesn't need to hear for me....
" Joy you have really changed, and I don't like who you are becoming, you never needed to come to me in the almost two years that you worked here. I will give you what you asked for only because I'm being kind and I hope not to hear from you again!"
I was ready to walk out that door and not look back, HOW DARE SHE!!!!
I have come in sick, with a bum wrist, when my friend passed, days off to fill in at last min. with only a ten min. notice, I haven't had any time off in over ten months other then the days given me and I only had a week off because I was deathly sick.
I quite and she asked me what it would take for me to stay, I told her four days a week and working in the bar, because I make more money over there ( In all the time I worked there I never have had a raise other then when the pay all over Canada went up, and even then she gave it two weeks before saying it was because she valued us. ) Never a christmas party other than for her managers and they all got gifts.
So now I am back to six days a week and she putting me all over the place. I went in to ask her to go back to the trims we agreed upon when I agreed to stay and that is when she jumped all over me.
In the last two weeks I have went to talk to her twice and she thinks I am becoming a bad pushy person.... because I was always to afraid before.
Now I afraid to ever leave... I hate people being mad at me, I know this is only a job and that once I'm out it will no longer bother me but AAAAHHHA!

Sorry... but I just need to vent.

13 Comments:

At 12:16 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

Joy, you have to get out of there! If not for your own sanity! Maybe just start looking and seeing what else is available...

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Superjan said...

I know the money's better than most places you could work, but if you're not happy there, and if your job becomes your life, its not much of a life then, is it? I'll be praying for you.

 
At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I now how you feel. I really hate when people are mad at me and that can be intimidating, but you need to do whats best for you in this situation. There is being a good worker and then theres a unhealthy work situation.

I took a huge pay cut this last two months but I have not stressed at all since I did and it's much better all around I feel sane and sanity and the pleasure to live is much more important then money.

You work to live not live to work!

God Bless Joy we will be praing for you

TheDrake

 
At 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

have they let you out on good behaviour yet? or probation?

 
At 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

no

 
At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the coffee was good last night

 
At 9:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank-you, I think that has more to do with grace. I here you are now a grandmother!!! yea!!!

 
At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see they haven't let you out. I'll bake you a cake with a file in it.

 
At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes I am a grandma. you should see how beautiful she is. I'll send you a picture but I don't know your email

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger shinbone #4 said...

so.... new blog?? How was YOUR weekend? Did you see the new arrival first hand??

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Swoosh said...

I agree with Shinbone #4. It's time for a new blog. By the way, congrats, Mag!

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Megan said...

I'm a pushover too, Joy.

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

new blog! new blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home