Friday, November 03, 2006

Sergeant Major

Yesterday morning at 7:30 am, I am woken by the vibrations of my cell phone ( by my ear).
In my groggy morning voice ( all dry and huskie) I greet my unwanted caller with a hello?
" Hi this is Sergeant Major blah, blah, blah" the voice answers, now at this point I'm still not awake and am very lost as to why I am getting this early morning wake up call.
" Who is this?" I ask coming more to life,
" Sergeant Major blah, blah, blah returning your call Sergeant someone"
" I'm sorry if I sound like a man in the morning, but I'm a girl and you have just called my cell phone"
"Oh!.. sorry about the inconveince and good-day" After the call I thought I might as well stay up for I had to be at the gym in a hour, but since I was still in bed I fell back to sleep until ten, missing my friends call wondering where I was and also my alarm . So why did I wake up for the Sergeant Major's call?
I did think it was interesting to get a morning wake up call from such a high up man.

10 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

let me be the first to comment. I don't like getting woken up, but I guess if it has to happen it might as well be some big brass guy. One year during Maple Flag we kept getting calls from the Brits. After a middle of the night call from overseas, I decided to look into it. Turns out that the local they were given was the same as the last four digits of our phone number. I'm sure they wouldn't have left the messages they did on our answering machine if they had have known. Luckily I don't understand most military jargon so didn't learn any top secret stuff.

 
At 1:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha!

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger shinbone #4 said...

hmmmmm... you should have paid closer attention. Some "high up guy" call you to you from your sleep... you see where I'm heading right? OR you should have answered "is that you eli, what do you need?"

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

joy, you have the most interesting things happen to you...but are you sure you weren't dreaming? :)

 
At 10:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I looked later and I have his number on my phone if you would like some proof Kelly. I would but it on the inernet but then I might get into trouble.

 
At 10:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That comment made no real sense what so ever. sorry about that.

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

no prob joy, i always understand what you're trying to get across (well, almost always) :D

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Swoosh said...

My question is, are you going to try to call him back to see if he found who he was looking for. Then, if he has his own blog, he can write about you!

 
At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's time for a new blog my dear . . .

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger drakefarmer said...

Cause you have all the interesting stories...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home