Monday, February 26, 2007

Out of the Ordinary


Today I'm having one of those blah days that makes you think about life and what you wanted to be when you grow-up.
The question teachers ask in school that haunts you for the rest of your life, the qustion you look back to and see that you never made it or you became something better.
This weekend I saw my old youth pastor that I haven't seen in eight years, and he asked me what I was up to, I guess that is what started me thinking today.
I know this makes me sound full of myself but I always thought I was going to become something out of the ordinary, I was going to have this great job, be a wife and mother and I dreamed that in a way everything I touched would turn to gold.
I built my dreams so high I guess there was only one way for them to go and that was down, I seem to look around at my family/friends and there amazing talents and feel like I could never hit the mark. I hate having these thought but they come anyway, I know were they come from, however .....BLAH

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

joy, you are something extraordinary...don't forget it

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger E's Blogger said...

I watched Oprah's Special the other day on that school she built in Africa. I admit that I was skeptical (because I don't really like Oprah), but this school was AMAZING. Here are little girls with all the odds stacked against them...parents who are dead, streets that are deadlier, and no possible ability to get out of those circumstances.

Nevertheless, they kept hoping, dreaming, and believing. None of them could have imagined a school like Oprah's...but they worked hard, believing that something in their life could possibly grow and change.

Never lose hope, never stop dreaming, continue taking each day as a step in the right direction...we just never know what goodness is around the corner.

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger E's Blogger said...

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.

As we are liberated from our own fear,our presence automatically liberates others."

Authored and published by Marianne Williamson

 
At 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know something's coming...and it isn't always pretty!!
On the serious side, after saying good-bye last week to a good friend I realized that she wasn't much older than me when she got sick and I realized again I can't take for granted the days I have left here on this earth, so I am thinking about what I want to do with the rest of my life to make it count for something...maybe take a few more risks...lean less on myself and more on God...laugh more...weep more at the things that break God's heart...savor the moment...anyway, love you Joy.

 
At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank-you all for the little inspirations,I know I'm not the first to feel this way or the last. And meg I am so sorry for the passing of your friend..she was a great woman, I should say IS, she's just gone on a head to the goal we all long to seek someday. Love you all!!!

 
At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joy,

Well, you can inspire me when I need it ;)

Your Cuz E.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home