Thursday, October 06, 2005

Engagment

Tonight at work I was serving a customer, and this 17 year old boy that I work with came over and asked my customer if he could butt in for a second. She agreed... so the boy gets down on one knee in front of me, brings out a candy ring and there in front of a restaurant full of people asks me to marry him. I was so embarrased. ...But of course I said "Yes!" I wanted the candy. It was one of the funniest things. I was so flattered.
But I would go to jail for sure, if my expressed intentions were true. I always dreamed of the day when a guy will ask me to marry him, but a restaurant full of people looking on - I'd never want. I think it should be more quite, just the two of you. What if the girl said no? He would have so many people looking on as his heart was breaking.
One day the man God has for me will come along and I'll just know he's the one, I'll be happy I didn't waste my time going from guy to guy. (or so they assure me - Grace especially) Some days I don't think this way and I wish I could just run off and marry the next man that asked me. That way he wouldn't have to meet my family first and run off before he's even gotten to know me. They can be quit scarry at times ( loving but scarry - in the overwhelming sense... all 10 of them) but if he's going to love me, my family comes with the package (so to speak). Maybe that's how I'm going to know and he'll love me for me not how I look (to many just love me for my looks, hahaha). No marriage should be based on that, I think that is why there are so many divorces. But one based on how we grow in God together, common interests, laughing together, sharing in pain and days he looks bad (or even days I look bad - yes it is possible, hahaha).
Back to where I started, it was so sweet of this boy but when you finish college four years ago you don't want to entertain thoughts of marriage to a boy just finishing high school... sorry GCAC Youth. His little act, however, made my night and I thought it was so sweet he would even think of me in that light, at least not replused by the thought obviously right? Please say that I'm right... Please? Oh how silly I am...

note: my brother's say its a verbal contract and I now really do have to marry him.
note: my dad couldn't believe I said yes, I should have just taken the ring said "no!" and ran
note: you should have seen the look on my customers face. hahaa
note: the ring was watermelon flavor - mmm mmm good.

2 Comments:

At 8:27 PM, Blogger Joy said...

This is Grace again... let me just say, Joy let me edit her blog, and I must take credit for this little gem, that she didn't notice until it was already published..."Back to where I started, it was so sweet of this boy but when you finish college four years ago you just want to entertain thoughts of marriage to a boy just finishing high school... sorry GCAC Youth" - yep, you just wanna entertain those thoughts. hahahaha, poor joy, she'll never trust me again. xx's Grace --especially for those senior boys.. teeheehee

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Superjan said...

When you say "senior boys" do you mean senior citizens of the male gender? I always knew Joy was into the old foagies. In fact, (back to the nickname discussion), I believe I used to refer to her as an old-fogaphile.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home