Thursday, December 01, 2005

Count Down

I'm now on my big count down till Christmas. Before I knew it I heard marry Christmas from a customer and it hit me, " Wow, Christmas is 24 days away!" I get so caught up in work, and that fact we had no snow didn't help. Now I'm in a little bit of a panic, I have so many people to buy for and no real time to shop. You know how you just want to find the perfect gift that fits each person, but with the stores so full it's hard to get it all done in one day.
Today I made a Christmas cd and sat infront of our fake fire place with a cup of tea. It was so nice!.. just part of this holiday I love so much, I can't wait to put up our tree, make a ginger bread house, snow forts, go skating, but finding the time is another thing. I guess I should have gone shopping today but it's not so fun on your own.
Oh, to be young again having the Christmas holiday time off of school, with all you friends together, thinking of fun things to do with your time and the only work you have is maybe a job or two around the house. My sister always said to me, " Joy, enjoy being your age, being young because it all goes by so fast". I really wish sometimes I didn't spend all my time trying to grow up and be older, it really does go by so fast! I'm not old by any means but holidays just don't have the same enjoyment they once did. And they seem to come and go so much faster then when I was younger, Christmas seemed to take forever and now it seems like we just had Christmas not that long ago.
We'll the store's here in Cold Lake are closed and so I sit in my living room writing this, if only I had a visa I would be shopping now instead.
Oh well life must go on.....So this is Christmas.

2 Comments:

At 10:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Christmas sooo much too. In fact I'd like to Marry Christmas myself!! Love you, Grace

 
At 8:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What? Marry Christmas yourself? please do go on, I would love to hear your answer to this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home