Monday, November 07, 2005

Friends

Tonight I was thinking about my friend that just past away this last year Feb. 9/05, how much life she lived in her short time. She past away at 23 leaving behind two young boys , husband, and she had just finished her nursing. She was always filled with stories, and loved to put on parties for everyone.
Faye was one of a Kind!
I some time think what we would have been planning or doing right now if she had still been alive, or the silly things we would talk about.
I can't stop myself sometimes from crying, when I think of what we were doing this time last year and that it was such a short time ago.
I wrote this for myself after she died, I'm not saying I did it right or that it's even one of my best poems, but it's about her and that's what makes me love it:

GOODBYE FAYE:
Two small boys without their mother,
A husband without his partner,
Parents without their daughter.
Death has taken toll.

Younger siblings now without the elder,
A group of friends now one smaller,
Weeping has come and taken hold of all.

In an instant the world has changed, never to be the same.
Lives now searching for whats next, now that death has taken best.
To our friend, sister, mother,wife, and daughter....
May you Rest in Peace.

Faye we love you!


1 Comments:

At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Faye had the capacity to make everyone she met feel special. I actually can still hear her voice, which is kind of neat, and the last time I remember seeing her, she was sitting in P Tom's office after Time Out the week before she died. I can see why you girls miss her so. It is hard to understand why. Lucky her tho, not so for those who are left, but be glad that the memories are so sweet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home