Monday, October 10, 2005

Questions

This weekend has filled my mind with questions, then last night I went out with my friend and she said " I wish I knew if I'll get married".
Why is this? That we all want so badly to see our future? To know what God has in store. I got to thinking about the statement, if we could see who we were to marry and when that day will come, would we then be content?
The answer I came to is ....NO.
I wouldn't be happy, I would wish away the time, think why can't it happen now, or why him? I would be at the wrong point in my life, missing out on the now and what I have to do, people I have to meet to get to the point where I am ready for marriage.
If I knew that I am going to get married, would I be happy? Or just saying I knew it?
If I get a gift just because I wanted it, I don't enjoy it as much as if I'm surprised. I watch movies and they all give a false idea of love, you read a book and then create an idea in your head of what life after marriage will be like.
Then I came to the idea that marriage is a gift not a right, God gave Eve to Adam. It's a gift like speaking in tongues, the gift of giving, not everyone is gifted in marriage or ever will be.
So why the desire? Was the next question.
I still am wondering that one, but I know if I could see what God had in store I might end up not doing His will, running before I knew the real joy that could come of it....

2 Comments:

At 10:42 PM, Blogger Superjan said...

ok, i think there should be a rule on how long comments should be, especially ones from people like "the hotspot" talking about their schemes...

Might I add to your ponderings on why God keeps certain things in our future a mystery is the concept of trust. There are so many unknowns in my life right now, and the only thing I can do is trust that God will work it out, revealing to me what roads to take when the time is right. I believe that having that faith in God is part of our act of worshipping Him...giving Him our lives to direct as He pleases.

Why do we have the desire to know our future? I don't think its necessarily distrusting God, I think its just part of our nature: most of us like to have a certain amount of control of our lives, and its natural to wish we had more control over the unknowns...but we must be careful not to rush into situations...I think of how the Israelites wanted a king so bad, so they begged and begged God, so He finally gave in and gave Saul to them, when they should have just waited for the time to be right for God to give them David...what a mess.

Anyhow, I think this comment tops "the hotspot" in length...YES! That was my plan..
love ya

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Keller said...

Agreed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home