Tuesday, December 20, 2005

12 Days of Chrismas

For the last two days this '12 Days of Christmas' song has been plaguing me. When do the 12 days begin? Do they start 12 days before X-mas and go on until that day or do they start the very day itself. Now I have been asking different people and they have come up with ' I believe it begins on Christmas day and carries on to the ukranian Christmas' or 'It's the 12 days before' and act like I'm stupid for asking such an easy question.
But when does your true love start to give you these insane gifts of love? And what are you to do with these gifts?
Five golden rings! I think that's over kill. Maids a milking? Lords a leaping? swans a swimming? Well I know the song wasn't written in Canada.
Last thing, as I look around me this year and I'm asked what do you want this Christmas, as nice as two turtle doves would be. I look to see I don't really need anything or even really want things, it's a nice feeling to have. Not to need.
Merry Christmas, God bless us everyone.

5 Comments:

At 1:23 PM, Blogger gospeloflove said...

Joy you should read your brother's blog it's awesome just like him!

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger gospeloflove said...

Joy, Chris is right, you should read your brother's blog. It's awesome!!! No John is awesome!

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

John's shameless self-promotion is a true inspiration... Just wanted to say that I'll see you Saturday night at church!

 
At 8:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for helping me out guys! ( that sarcasm in case you never picked up on it)
I found out from a friend at work that she won a trivia game with the answer. The twelve days of Christmas start on Christmas day. ( for anyone who even cared)

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

Sorry, Joy! The 12 days are actually the days between Christmas Day and Epiphany. It is believed that this song may have been sung by persecuted Christians as a way to teach the basics of the Christian faith to their children.
True Love = God
A Partridge in a pear tree = Jesus
2 turtle doves = Old and New Testatments
3 french hens = faith, hope, love
4 calling birds = gospels
5 golden rings = Torah
6 geese a laying = days of creation
7 swans a swimming = spiritual gifts
8 maids a milking = beatitudes
9 ladies dancing = fruits of the spirit
10 lords a leaping = 10 commandments
11 pipers piping = 11 faithful disciples
12 drummers drumming = apostle's creed
Hope this is helpful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home