Thursday, December 15, 2005

Mind Reader


Well today was along day for me, for my morning shift they called me in early and then I was the last to leave at three to start again at five. Then this one lady I work with was sick and needed to go home and I was the only one who could cover her shift in the bar ( which I told them when I started I never wanted to work, but the money is better over on that side, the question I have to ask myself however is, 'being a Christian is it wrong to work in a bar?").
Anyhow on with my story, I was almost done my shift at 10:30 pm and the bar tender was taking over the tables.
I over heard these two guys say what they were going to order when she wasn't around, so before she went to the table I bet her ten bucks what they were going to eat ( I guess that to is wrong). She agreed, went over and sure enough with the first guy I'm right. So before the next guy orders she says and your having the stake, he looks at her in surprise and say "Yes how did you know!", " Just a hunch" she replied. Comes back to me, " Was I right or was I right?" I smile in victory " Yes! Are you some kind of mind reader?". Me not being able to carry anything on, told her I over heard and asked if I still got my money. Ya, I can say I came home not ten buck richer that for sure, but then a little later she forgot another order and asked me again if I had heard. " You were on the other side of the building!" I replied " Yes but you're the mind reader, take a go at it". I just have to say I was two for two.
Well for lack of a better blog and wanting to tell someone my boring story, you get a look into the everyday works of a ' Bit of Joy'.

5 Comments:

At 12:19 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

This is amazing, Joy. Ok, what colour am I thinking of right now?

 
At 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've already forgotten.

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

How did you know that?

 
At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I told you I'd have to kill you.

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

Joy, you're probably the least intimidating person I know...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home