Saturday, December 03, 2005

Foot meet mouth once Again

I think that over the space of a couple of months this foot and mouth disorder is getting to be worse and worse. Before I know it, not only have I shoved my foot in my mouth but half of my leg has gone with it.
The other day at work, the owner of BP'S is putting up Christmas tree's all over the store. We got to talking about Christmas and growing up in a big family ( she also comes from a family of 8 siblings) and I was saying how I love tacky Christmas tree's where nothing on the tree matches.
Later on when I was done work I asked her if she needed any help, she replied no she didn't want any tacky looking tree's around the store. I thought o.k. and went to eat some lunch with friends. A little while later ( get ready here the foot comes) I take a look at the tree she has spent the last hour on, it was red and gold, ribbon and bows, with a gold angle to top.
With just a little thought I said " Sylvia, I thought you didn't want a tacky tree". ( Right there, was one of my most shameful moments with my disorder, well that and saying 'death will become you' to someone, or 'she killed him' and it turns out the guy really is dead, 'I could give you a ride but it will cost you' to a customer when they asked me for a ride home. On and on I could go and I'm sure my friends could add to this this).
I think if I can't over come this little problem, I'll be out of a job, friends and losing family. Why is it so hard for me to think first? Maybe I should have thought it out before writing this, but to late...

7 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Blogger Superjan said...

what did sylvia say?

 
At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To tell you the truth, I don't remember.

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Keller said...

It happens to all of us.

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

It never ceases to amaze me how witty you are--even if it does get you in trouble!

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Joy said...

Dear Harlod
I find it a little scary that you have a picture of my brother. And such an odd picture, if you would like a better one of him just give me your p.o.boxs and I'll get it out to you with a X-mas card.
All the best, Joy
Note: have you tried the candy cane ice cream?.. so good!

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

Oops! Hit the wrong button and deleted my own comment. I'm a nerd. What I wanted to say was that I love candy cane ice cream too! So pepperminty...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home