Sunday, January 08, 2006

Designated Driver

So tonight I had a birthday party to go to for my manager, Aaaaahhhh! I was so board! And where do they have the party?... Boston Pizza! I'm with a group of people from work and I think ' o.k. the night won't be that bad, I know everyone here'. Well they start to order drink and are asked who the DD was going to be. ' Joy' all around remark, ' she doesn't drink'. From then on out the remarks and drinks come flying. The talk was all ' Lets teach Joy about the birds and the bee's'.
I was so board and I felt bad that this was how they party, a group of women talking like sailors and drinking much more then any sailor... I'm sure. They complain about their weight but will down four to five drinks in an hour. I was just so happy tonight for the group of friends that I do have, they can have fun without having anything in them.
Then they start to bug the other staff and who gets to here about it.... me! At least three times tonight I got into trouble for something the others did. I cleaned up after them, I had to drive them when they keep sticking things in my face and ears. ( I know... I didn't have to drive them, but I didn't want to hear it at work for the next couple of weeks what a downer I was).
However, there was a good thing that came out of this.... well both bad and good. This lady I work with her friend and friend's husband were in a car crash the other night in St. Albert. Her friend is having a baby and is only into it by six months, the baby right now has a 50/50 chance to live and she has a lot of body damage. Her Husband's side of the car was hit so he is in very bad shape. ( that's the bad part) The good part is, I asked if I could pray for them. "yes" was her reply, I star to pray in my head and she asks when am I going to start. Now at that point it was only her, myself and one other. Both don't believe in God ( so they say) I start to pray, when I'm done they said "thats all there is to it?" "yep". It was a small part to my bad night but I hope it got them thinking and that God can uses this for his good and glory.

Note: by no means am I a saint but I don't like to waste my money and time on something I'm going to forget the next morning and feel sick for all day.

3 Comments:

At 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Joy! This is my inaugural venture into the world of blogging. I'm sad that your evening sucked. But your lunch was super fabulous, wasn't it?! And that's exciting that you could share a bit of your faith with those people.

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger Andrew and Tyler's European Peregrination said...

Hey Joy! Sorry to hear about the lameness of the party! But you are a little bit of Joy and I like your hair!

 
At 8:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Andrew!
It's good to hear from you, but I need to add my hair has never been so neat as it has the last couple of months you've been gone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home