Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Mating in captivity

You can thank Grace for the header. The comment, however, started me thinking about how we as humans in a way all mate in captivity. I'm really going off the wall here, but this is my thoughts....
We all have a pattern, a dance... you can call it in finding a mate. Many rules apply-
No Freedom, we all are bound to a way of flirting and rules. {even though we may say we hate them and want to do away with them, we abide by them anyway - stinkin' natural life cycles etc... - G.S.}
Why is it that we can't just tell people how we really feel?
Rules:
#1: You both need a common knowledge of "liking one another" before one makes the first move.
#2: The hair toss is the clincher move. Never use it too early on (or boys, you might just scare her off!)
#3: Never look the girl straight in the eyes, for more than a few seconds (If your not ready for marriage) {also a clincher move... unless of course you have a lazy eye, and/or glass eye/cataracts/happy face contact lens - G.S.}
#4: To be nice to a woman is asking for deep trouble, whether you like her or not... because women are trouble.
#5: Never wash your hands after using the bathroom, that's just giving her false expectations
#6: Bad pick up lines can capture a woman's heart better then any flowers.
#7: Just tell her she looks fat in all her clothes, we learn not to ask after the tenth time (kidding, we'll never learn!)
#8: Aim low and try to look good after marriage not before.
#9: The "hand holding dance" is just a waste of time and we know you don't like it, just tell us how you ' feel' that's better than physical affection.... {although cuddling after is nice too. After what? ... get out of the gutter - after sharing your feelings of course} grace's adendum.
#10: Forget all you think about women, not one is alike (what worked with your old girlfriend might not work every time.... Unless you're looking for a Stepford Wife)

WARNING!! The views expressed in this blog, although eloquent are not a true representation of my thoughts and/or feelings.
Signed, the incredible (some may say desperate) duo Joy & Grace "Stepford" Schienbein

3 Comments:

At 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most eloquent blogg ever!

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger Keller said...

I must say that this posting is fantastic. Many points ring true in my mind. It annoys me to some degree that some of "rules" are in play. But yeah... esp #4. lol.

I believe Grace stole the title of this blog from a Jenna Elfman, Ben Stiller, and Edward Norton... can't remember the title... maybe it was "keeping the faith"... but the line was in the movie.

 
At 1:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I stole this title (which I probably did) I did so unwittingly... which describes most of my actions and comments I'm afraid. I'm sure I did steal the line from "Keeping the Faith", because that is a movie I have watched at least 34,627,889 times.
I'm also sure I stole it because almost nothing I say or write is original to me... I spend 3/4 of my life quoting from various sources hoping someday to find someone that could name all the references. (For general informations sake the reamining quarter of my life can be broken down thusly... sleeping 1/32, eating, 1/16th, thinking and/or sitting quietly 1/32, going to the toliet 1/16, thinking about something clever a friend/hero once said 1/16) That is all...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home