Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Computer Geek

I find it interesting that I never cared much for the computer until my friend Janet told me to open up this blog. Now it consumes my days and nights like a drug, when I'm not on it I think about when I'm going to get my next fix, what I can write, who will comment ( if they comment). How is it that something so lonely can bring so much. At a push of a button people are reading my inner thoughts, you would think that this would creep me out, but in fact I find it a push to write better.
I have no real knowledge of computers, I can hardly call my self advanced in the typing area. And I get lost in the web, like it was a Huge shopping mall.
I now find myself typing about blogs because my day was very uneventful.
It's amazing how you know how your day is going to be by the signs you get in the morning.
Today I woke up poured myself a cup of coffee, it was cold... I thought it was hot, it looked like it would be... Boy, was I wrong!!
Then I make my way downstairs to take my work clothes ( I would be wearing today) out of the dryer... but I never put them into the dryer, I must have forgotten that step before going to bed.
So now I'll draw you a picture, I have an hour before work, my hair's wet, I'm in my workout sweats, no makeup, bags under my eyes that I could go shopping with, and a handful of underwear and socks. When this guy I don't know comes around the corner, (he was working on the electrical in our garage (that was on fire not too long ago), and came down to make sure it was off). So after my shame wore off, I went back up to dry my hair, I get my hair dryer all ready to go... Nothing...Again nothing. My power was turned off, so I go and check all the other rooms and of course they work, odd that in the entire household my room is the only one with no power!
I go to my first shift, three tables, one hour and done, I come home holding myself back from coming on the computer, go to work early so not to be tempted. One table, one hour and done, whole day four tables, two hours, seven dollars an hour. I come out with a whole fourteen dollars, and a nothing day. Now what lives did I touch, how was this day of any use? I could have stayed in bed and nothing would have really changed, other than drinking cold coffee and scaring this poor... poor man.
And of course writing this has changed nothing, other than wasting you're time by reading it, sorry! Big sigh!

1 Comments:

At 10:56 PM, Blogger Superjan said...

worked a lunch shift- got sat (no joke) 6 tables within about 5 minutes (I already had another 4 on the go...I was in the back room). Leave at 2:00. Come back for evening, have one table in back for first hour and a half, then another worker twists my rubber arm and gets me to work the pre-close for her...so I find myself working a semi-slow night until 11:45. 9.15 hours and $75 in tips later, I'm feeling tired, but ok. I hope this job ends soon though...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home