Thursday, October 27, 2005

Roads Not Taken

I was out walking with my sister the other day and we came to a yellow wood with two diverging roads, one was paved and the other was mossy, reminding us of the Robert Frost poem ( which I love) it didn't take us a second thought to pick.
Into the wood we trod with the sun shining through the trees..... breathtaking. As we went I tripped over a tree stump and fell into a puddle of mud but on we went. There we found tree forts ( which I want to believe elves made and also parts that reminded me of the Narnia tales) It felt like we had been walking for a time untill we hit the clearing. As we turned and headed back time seemed to speed up, and we were right back to the diverging roads. Then the thought came to me " To go forward is so much more exciting then going back" going back you know what to look for, what's ahead. Sure I fell, got dirty, but if I had stopped right then and there going back to what I know, I would have never seen the beauty and the creativity that lay beyond.
That's life to me... right there in one afternoon walk. To stay with what we know and never move forward, or stopping when we get hurt, would make us miss out on all the great, beautiful things that are just a few steps ahead.
"Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by and that has made all the difference" - by Robert Frost

5 Comments:

At 9:28 PM, Blogger Joy said...

Wow Joy, your suce a great writer I wish that I could spend all day reading your works.

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Joy said...

that's so nice to hear, but being the great writer that I am I have to point out that it spelt such not suce

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger Joy said...

You two are losers writing to yourself

 
At 9:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would comment but i don't want to ruin your party...

 
At 10:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a beautiful afternoon, I absolutely agree
xx's grace

 

Post a Comment

<< Home