Thursday, October 13, 2005

Till we have face

I was just talking to my brother about C.S.Lewis's book "Till We Have Faces", about how the character's face was veiled and people came to know her by the veil. So later when she took it off no one knew her. That is such a small part to the story but a main part I find in life. We all in a way are veiled, each person we meet sees us veiled, not who we really are - and most people don't even want to see us without it. We sometimes are so blind to the truth about people.
I have had a friend for years, who I can say now, I don't know her. I know her in the way that we still hang out but I don't really know her ( if that makes sense). I don't know where she stands with God, Family matters, Relationships and I have to say I never really tried. Why is it that we are scared to get beyond the veil and see the true person underneath. Or show ourseleves for that matter. I think it all comes down to pride and the need to be loved. If people see us for who we are will they reject us? Will the friendship die? Too often we're to scared to even try, and their friendship is worth the lie ( so we think).
This character, once she put aside love for herself and started to really show love to the people around her, did become beautiful ( I forgot to say she was ugly, you really have to read the book. I can never explain properly). If we can put aside our love for ourselves and love with true agape love, then we can grow into the people we are meant to be and not care if we are wearing a veil or if people are getting to see the person we really are.

3 Comments:

At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

interesting thoughts...

is there any way you can increase your font? it is sooooooo hard to read!

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger Joy said...

Sorry, it looked fine to me but I'll make it bigger next time.

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Superjan said...

Joy, when are you coming back to the world of blogging? I miss you and your witty comments on my blog.

Sincerely,
donut

 

Post a Comment

<< Home